Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend wrap


What a birthday! What a weekend! Thanks for your wishes.

I am one lucky girl. Mr T spoilt me rotten. The parentals were also very generous. We had a fun evening at Vue de Monde on Friday night. Definitely the way to go if you're not quite ready to splash out a whole lot of your hard earned. The food was lovely, the drinks delicious and served as half martinis, which meant one could walk out of there with some composure. The service was not nearly as refined as the dining room, but the major disappointment was the fact that such fine food was served with wooden cutlery. Oh to eat with a stainless steel fork would have made me so happy. I am a bit of a cutlery pedant though...

On to Saturday, lots of gardening and lots of getting the house ready for the upcoming fiesta. Can you believe I went to the footy on Saturday night in jeans and a t-shirt? Well I did. Almost unheard of! And still at 11:00pm when I got home I wasn't cold. Oh how I enjoyed the warmth. And what a nailbiter of a match, we have made it to the next round of finals.

Sunday involved more of the same. But this time with a cooked breakfast. French toast with cinnamon sugar, maple syrup & strawberries.

30/30 challenge: 40 min walking

2 comments:

Jac said...

Glad you had a lovely meal out. Why the wooden cutlery? That sounds pretty strange! Yum to french toast for breakfast - a perfect weekend by the sounds of it...

Jac said...

ooh just realised I'm on your blog roll - ta! I've added you to mine also!