Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Midweek meal

How do you cook? My Mum is a bandit for getting a recipe and not following it at all. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I love a recipe that can handle change. This Pumpkin, Ricotta and Sage Lasagne certainly can. I don't think I've cooked it the same way twice and every way works.

I find boiling the pumpkin in some vege stock works well on a weeknight to reduce time, when pureeing I add spice. To make it a little more artery friendly, I tend to reduce the amount of parmesan incorporated into the ricotta mix to 1/4 cup if that, I definitely don't use 100g butter, more like 1/2 a tablespoon just to fry off the sage leaves and I omit the walnuts, because lets face it, they wouldn't last that long in my pantry.

30/30 challenge: 35 mins walking at lunchtime

1 comment:

Jac said...

Ha! I'm all for a little bit of artistic tinkering with a recipe! Your phot looks delicious, I must go and check out your link and see how I can adjust it!! :)