Saturday, September 26, 2009

This week in the garden*




If there's one plant that has defeated me, it's the cyclamen. I've killed many a plant while house sitting for others. Two or so weeks on, the plant that Miss K sent me for my birthday is still alive, though battling in my overheated office.

It's still intent to reveal another flower. The first photo shows the bud last week, the second photo shows the petals unfolding as it's been doing all week. As soon as it's feasible, this plant is leaving the office and coming home.

Sketch Saturday will resume when time permits. I'm as keen as ever, just struggling to find time.

*Today garden and office are interchangeable.

30/30 challenge: 15 mins walking. Today I failed. Once the rain & hail set in I was a goner.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am certainly no green thumb but I believe the cyclamen do well if you put the outside at nighttime?
enjoy a relaxing (hopefully) saturday

Jac said...

Mmmm, I'm not so bad with plants that are in the garden, in fact often they thrive but houseplants - nope! I have an uncanny knack of managing to kill most houseplants which is why I like flowers indoors instead, lots of pretty and nothing to kill!