Friday, September 11, 2009

It only happens once a year

Today it's my birthday. These flowers were given to me by my market companion earlier this week. They have opened beautifully throughout the week.

Tres excited as we are off for our second visit to Vue de Monde tonight. This year I will not roll out of there after 12 courses with matching wines (eek, Mr T pulled all the stops out last year for the big 3-0). Instead this year it's all about Cafe Vue's "After work drinks" cocktail night. Ahh I love a martini and I'm sure I'm going to love the pescatarian version of this menu:

Ocean trout ravioli with lime leaf infused velouté/Barista's martini
Crackling fried egg on toast/Sommelier’s martini
Goat’s cheese with three textures of honey/Waiter's martini
Quail pithivier/Chef's martini
Valrhona chocolate soufflĂ©/Maitre d’s martini

30/30 challenge: 45 min walking. Lovely in the sunshine at lunch. Could have done with less wind though.

5 comments:

monique said...

I'm a september baby too!
Hope you have a lovely Birthday.

p.s Beautiful tulips!

Martina said...

Happy Birthday! There is a glut of birthdays around me this month - so many Virgos!! Have a wonderful evening and weekend of course:) I am curious...what do you mean by "market companion"??

SewHum said...

Happy Birthday!

Catherine said...

Happy birthday! Vue de Monde, you are so lucky : ) I hope you had a wonderful time and a happy weekend!

Jac said...

Happy Belated birthday! I hope it was lovely. The menu sounds delicious, I am hungry after just reading through it!