Sunday, August 30, 2009

Slow Sunday


Yesterday was an incredibly difficult day on the bike, we battled hills, wind and rain. I'm not sure it could have been more unpleasant. As the Golden child said, it's one of those days that makes you want to ride more to get that much fitter and yet at the same time makes you never want to ride again. I have no doubt I will get on the bike again, it just might be after this windy weather subsides. At this stage there seems to be no end of it.

Today was far more low key. A slow start including coffee, breakfast and papers in bed. This afternoon there were patches of sunshine that meant some time could be spent in the garden. I planted some more rocket, basil (though I'm sure it's still too cold), coriander, mini beetroot and baby carrots. I also harvested the first of our tiny potatoes.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

If the weather in Melbourne is anything like it is here in Hobart I can only imagine how much of a battle your bike ride must have been! It's so revolting! Your little spuds are lovely it is so great to be able to grown and eat your own produce.