Monday, August 31, 2009

Fear is a Forest

I got the idea for this little piece as I was driving home from art class a few weeks ago. I heard an interview on the radio where the musician (I thought it was Sarah Blasko, but it might have been Jen Cloher) mentioned 'fear is like a forest', I can't remember the exact context I think she may have seen a painting with that title. Whatever the case, it stuck with me for some reason, probably because I was (still am?) struggling with the fear of a blank canvas.

And I finally I put it in a frame, now I'm just playing with where to put it.

Oh and there's another thing I get to cross off my list of '9 things in 09'. I went to the dentist today, for the first time in years. It wasn't that bad and now my teeth look so much better. And now I'm going to share the keyword of the day. Floss. Your teeth will thank you.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Very nice!

It followed me home said...

That's odd. That has been playing on my mind too.. I recently had a dream that my teeth were crumbling and falling out of my mouth.. Eek! I haven't been in over 10 years...Oh my, I'm freaking out. Ok i'm going to make an appointment A-SAP!

Martina said...

This is lovely! Colours are very pretty and it looks great framed! Nice one! I know all about that flossing business...I have great teeth but weak gums and have to use those tiny little brushes all the time - bit of a drag but very important!