Wednesday, August 19, 2009

DIY: Door


I try to keep things aesthetically pleasing on here, really I do. But sometimes Mr T's house gets the better of me. Do not get me wrong, I love living with Mr T, it's a little embarrassing that the two of us have so much space in a house that's close to the city, but perhaps on the wrong side of the bridge. I am ever grateful that he was able to dedicate a whole room to my sewing and drawing pursuits. My tiny apartment would not have allowed that. It's absolutely awesome. But sometimes I feel as though were living in an Italian version of a Swedish sauna room. There's that much (dark) wood.

Slowly slowly it's getting lighter. And now we have a new door and new glass that prevents us from seeing straight into our Neighbour's bedroom. And it's white and lighter and lovely. Good job, Mr T.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I agree - the new door looks great!

Catherine said...

That looks great, yes sometimes timber on timber can be a little too much timber. White and light is so easy to work with.

Martina said...

Absolutely love your new door...very stylish indeed.