Monday, July 13, 2009

More wip


Ahh, what a fabulous weekend. Breakfast in bed, some thrifty finds at Bunnings (more on that later), Christmas in July festivities, Flight of the Conchords, a market run, homemade pizza and a sewing project.

I've probably had the fabric for about a year, it had been washed and dried and it was ready to go. I knew I wanted to make a pair of pants, but I wasn't too sure what pattern to use. Probably because I hate patterns and tend to make it up as I go, which usually ends in disaster, or unfinished business. I've taken sewing lessons before and I remember my teacher encouraging us to take apart a favourite skirt/shirt/pants once they'd had their final wear. So that's what I did. I pulled apart my favourite pair of pants. At close to five years old they'd certainly gone the distance. They were well made too - it took me forever to unpick them!

I am close to finishing. It took me a while to work out how to do the fake pockets, but they're done and in. Pointless, sure, but a good exercise nevertheless. I've joined the legs together and just need to sew the waistband together and attached that. And then hem, which would have to be my nemisis in this whole process. Fingers crossed I can get it right. If all goes well, I will be tempted to make a pair in every colour!

No comments: