Thursday, October 8, 2009

A week of Fiesta - Day 04



As far as I'm concerned it ain't a party til there's cake.
We had fruit skewers with a sugared lime zest. The addition of salt is tasty. Try it for a really simple dessert.

The white chocolate mint mousse was a disaster in preparation. For some reason it separated on us. We heated it gently, let it rest overnight and then folded more whipped cream through it. Turned out a treat.

Then there were the coconut cupcakes which I'd baked two weeks ago and frozen. I took them out of the freezer Saturday morning and iced them Saturday afternoon with the dulce de leche buttercream. Hands down the best buttercream recipe I've ever used. And was very happy with the result. Yes, they were exceedingly sweet, but they were only small.

Steps: 13,028

2 comments:

Anna said...

oh my goodness, all that food looks beautiful. I hope you had a great time!

Casie said...

Thanks Anna, all the hard work paid off and it was a good time indeed.