Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sketch Saturday

Phew, it's been a busy week. Dinner with the Girls, Tuesday, involving a horrifying incident of meat in a supposed vegetarian dish. Many find this rather amusing!
Wednesday night was all about the Microbrewery showcase at Fed Square. New beers were tasted, we rather enjoyed the Hawthorn Pale Ale. Helped by the fact that the boys behind the stand looked after us.
And Thursday night saw my little theatre group attend When the Rain Stops Falling at the MTC which wasn't a particularly uplifting way to end the week.

All this left no time to attend botanical illustration class. I did however have plenty of time last weekend to work on something. It feels more finished than my tomato, I'm happy with the colour, but I still feel it lacks depth or the correct shading to really define its form. Baby steps. Oh, it's a pear, but hopefully you can tell.

1 comment:

Jac said...

Hi Casie, i've been pretty busy these last few weeks so haven't been blogging/visiting as much as usual but am trying to get back on track! I can't believe how much I've missed! Your dinner involving the meat in a veggie dish sounds pretty grim. I'm veggie also, (though I've started eating fish again) so I can appreciate the horror!!
I love the pear - beautiful soft delicate colours - clever you! :)