Friday, October 9, 2009

The weekend's here




Both Mum and I had a Fridays we'd rather forget, earlier though we'd booked tickets to see Julie & Julia. So glad we kept our movie date, even if it did meaning going back to work afterwards. Gah. For a couple of hours there I forgot about deadlines and was enchanted by the thought of living in Paris and/or mastering French cooking. A thoroughly enjoyable screening.

This weekend I'm looking forward to flipping through the magazines that arrived this week, a hens lunch with tapas and plenty of wine, packing for Sydney and hopefully a little road trip come tomorrow. It's our first weekend in ages where we don't have a long list of chores to do. Woo hoo. We can make the most of the spring weather!

As for sketch Saturday, well I think it might be back. I started Botanical Illustration during the week and I'm pretty excited. Still life got a good working out this week. I'm no artist, but it's good to be back.

1 comment:

smileybella said...

Noting nicer than flipping through a fresh batch of mags with a nice cuppa. Lovely blog. :)