Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A week of Fiesta - Day 02


Can't have a party without drinks. Margaritas were on offer first. I made them the day before using a recipe that was based on 3 parts tequila, 1 part triple sec, 2 parts lemon/lime juice, 1 part sugar syrup, 2-3 parts ice. They were blended, decanted into plastic bottles & frozen overnight.

I had jugs of Mojitos, where I'd muddled lime, white rum & sugar syrup in the bottom. To serve, the mixture was topped up with soda water & ice, depending on required strength. They were served in quilted Mason jars that I'll be reusing at Christmas time.

Given the potency of the above drinks I also had some non-alcoholic cranberry iced tea which I had made the day before and I think may become a summer staple. It didn't need the additional sugar. I served this from the rinsed out tequila bottles used above.

Then there was the three varieties of Mexican beer.

Steps: 10,031

2 comments:

Martina said...

I think I would have loved to have been at this party :) So, what's all this Fiesta about??

smileybella said...

Torture! I am in the midst of Ocsober. Sigh. Margaritas will be first on my list.