Monday, November 16, 2009

Back into the swing of things



There was a fair bit of time spent in the kitchen over the weekend. There had to be, I've been a bit slack recently. The heat was to blame. Thankfully the weekend was mild compared to the last few weeks we've had.

I love that these muffins can handle a multitude of changes. I never use all the oil or sugar, and quite often substitute another fruit for the apple, in this case berries.

Bill Granger's Ricotta Hotcakes were a pretty good, if not a decadent post ride recovery breakfast (I halved the recipe and got two days worth of pancakes). Still I prefer Jamie's recipe. I'd try Bill's again, but I feel the recipe needs tweaking, perhaps only one egg?

Finished the weekend with Sunday night pizza. The Parmesan and sage was our entree pizza.

No comments: