Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chemistry

Somehow while setting up home, I never did acquire a silver cloth or silver cleaning product for that matter. Odd because when I'm not wearing Dinosaur designs resin, I'm wearing silver. But I found a nifty and environmentally friendly way to clean.

Line your sink with aluminium foil and place objects to be cleaned on its surface. Cover with hot water (don't burn yourself) and sprinkle with bicarb soda (the stuff is good for everything!). Watch the bubbles form (there's your chemistry) and watch the tarnish vanish. Dry and polish with a soft cloth for best results.

2 comments:

edward and lilly said...

Thank you, that's a fantastic tip!

Catherine said...

oh this is so good to know, I have my great grandmother's cutlery but no silver cloth so this is perfect!