Monday, June 21, 2010

Comfort food


So on Friday night there was no raging for me. I had an 18km training run to contend with on Saturday morning. Instead a seriously delicious warming Cottage pie (sans the egg yolks, less butter and cheese but with added red capsicum and a couple of anchovy fillets for depth of flavour).

The macarons from Lindt were for after the run. Questionable recovery food for sure. Vanilla, Champagne, Pistachio, Passionfruit, Hazelnut and Milk chocolate. Passionfruit was the standout flavour for me in this batch.

5 comments:

Erin said...

18k run - wow - what are you training for?

Casie said...

Run Melbourne in mid July. Care to join me? :)

sarah said...

I'm not sure I could even WALK 18km. I'm in awe.

Catherine said...

Wow that is a serious run and macarons sound highly deserved! The Lindt ones look very pretty. Hope you're having a great week : )

Jac said...

Wow 18k is v.serious! The most I've ever ran was 10k and I felt pretty damm good about that - so all credit to you! Personally I think the macarons sound much deserved and who cares that they're not traditional post run fayre - enjoy!