Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Burnt brulee

Mr T doesn't really do sweet. Which is odd because he has a bit of a thing for brulee.* We'll just ignore the fact that there's a sugar top there won't we. And sure it's a little burnt because I don't have the luxury of a blow torch and I was a little heavy handed on the grill heat, but hey, it tastes pretty good.

Particularly after a day that involved watching the tow truck take off with the car that I've been driving for the last 12 years. So long Suzy.

* I started this recipe yesterday. It definitely needs overnight to set, because it was pretty wobbly out of the oven last night. I went by a 1 egg yolk to 100mls of cream ratio and made some guess work on the sugar as I didn't have 6 yolks to use up.

3 comments:

Linn said...

Wow! Looks great! One of my new year's resolutions is to perfect creme brulee. With the year half gone, I'd better get onto it!

Jac said...

Oh I really like creme brulee but i've never tried to make it before. It's because I don't have a blow torch that I've been put off making it but yours looks delicious!

Casie said...

It was ok under the grill. I'd just watch it like a hawk. Mine was a touch burnt, but still completely edible!