Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The first soup of the season

It's been a little bit quiet on the blog front. So I thought I'd a meal with you from last week. A bowl of Jamie Oliver's Prawn and corn chowder sans bacon from his Ministry of Food cookbook. All the while gathering inspiration for my Autumn plantings reading through Stephanie Alexander's Kitchen Garden Companion.

The warmer weather this week as seen a multitude of new growth in the garden. I hope it's all the rocket that went to seed and not weeds.

2 comments:

Jac said...

I like the look of the book casie and the soup, though I would also like it sans bacon as I am mainly, (as i do eat fish) a vegetarian!

Catherine said...

Oh that soup sounds so yum will you perhaps post the recipe? It is definitely heading into the soup time of year.