Friday, March 26, 2010

10 things in 2010: 1-5 update

As March comes to a close, I thought I'd share where I'm at with my 10 things in 2010 list.
  1. Take French language lessons - Starting these now I risk being over stimulated during the week. Put on hold until later in the year.
  2. Read 12 books - Four down including One hundred years of Solitude: Gabriel Gracia Marquez, The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency: Alexander McCall Smith, How to get a Job you Love: John Lees, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: Steig Larsson. On my 'to read' list include the books above as well as The Angels Game: Carlos Ruiz Zafón.
  3. Climb the 1000 steps (left over from '09) - Anyone seen a free, dry weekend??
  4. Run something with 'marathon' in the title - I'm currently in training for July's Run Melbourne Half marathon and I'm seriously thinking of backing up Around the Bay in a Day (210km cycle event) with the Melbourne half marathon the weekend after.
  5. Finish the large cotton crochet blanket started last year - Still as slow progress as ever. Didn't help that I misplaced the crochet needle I was using for a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Green Mama said...

Up until January I was doing the steps twice a week with my cherub attached to my chest! The strange thing is- even if it's wet and rainy, the steps never seem to be. Perhaps all those trees protect them. The only reason I've stopped is because from door to door it's half a day out, too much with little ones, but it is such a fantastic workout, you will love it!

Jac said...

Hey Casie, you're doing fantastic for your 2010 goals. I'm just beginning mine as I decided to do it for a birthday year rather than a calendar year.