Friday, June 26, 2009

A stack of squares

Recently I taught myself to crochet. To say I didn't pick it up quickly is an understatement. I studied this clip many a time: Crochet Solid Granny Square. The desire do something creative was strong, but the Virgo in me needed the final product to have a purpose too. It also gives my hands something to do while watching Masterchef (I can't help it, I'm addicted). Eventually these squares will become a blanket for a chair upstairs, and I have no doubt it will make it into my sewing/drawing room on a cold day.

2 comments:

Erin said...

These are so cute Cas - thanks for your message - think I am the first one following your blog!
See you soon!

Catherine said...

i'm addicted to masterchef too! I love your granny squares, lovely colours, it took me ages too, I'm still not great and exceptionally slow at it, but it's great fun.